Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaching Gerald how to protect his rights

Sigh... during the Chinese New Year visits, it dawn upon me that in meeting our demands of being disciplined and nice, results in him being taken advantage of. Ball would be snatched away from him, etc.

This is a dilemma... do I let Gerald practice the law of the jungle and have total disregard for others (using the excuse that he's only a child) or do I continue to teach him to be nice to others. I decided that the correct thing to do would be to teach Gerald how to protect his own rights and voice his displeasure. I'm so proud of him just now that he was able to practice what I taught him last night. 

A little girl on the bus sitting behind Gerald was kicking the chair and literally screaming her head off while her parents turned and blind eye. The last straw came when she climbed on the chair and looked over at Gerald... still screaming away. Gerald turned around and to the little girl that "that's not nice... I don't like what you are doing!

Way to go Gerald!!!

Posting by DADDY

No comments: